Turkey Brine

I did this last year for Thanksgiving and I'm going to do it again. It's awesome!!

(The amazing friends who cook at Stone showed me what to go this :) )

Turkey ( not frozen )
Beer ( growler )
Chicken broth
Ice cubes
Apple cider
Salt
Pepper
Cinnamon
Oregano
Sage
Garlic
Brown sugar

I am going to brine a week before, you can do it longer or shorter.

Use a pot, do not get it warm. Add the broth, ice, all of the spices, and the garlic. Now heat the pot.

Open the turkey and clean if with water. Put the turkey into a big, clean, safe bucket. Put all of the turkey into the bucket.

When the spices is hot, let it get cool and put it into the bucket. All the apple cider. Make sure there is enough liquid to fill the turkey. Close the bucket, but it into a fridge. I would flip the turkey half of the week.


Comments

Popular Posts