Shepherd Pie

When I cook, im all the way in the zone. My forges is so quick, I sometimes forget to take a bite of the flavor. This is silly, but it's nice to feel the first reaction of the dish is someone other than me. This Shepherds Pie was set on the table before I tasted it (oops!) so when Chris and I took a bite, and he smiled!

Ingredients:
-potato top-
5 potatoes
1 cup butter
1 cup milk
Salt and pepper

-inside yummy-
1 1/2 pound grownd turkey
1 onion, chopped small
3 carrot, chopped small
3 celery, chopped small
4 garlic, chopped small
1 cup flour
1 1/2 chicken broth
1 tsp nutmeg
Salt and pepper

Get a big pot and add 3 q of water, cut the potatoes (leave skin on), and add it to the pot. Cook until they fall apart. Take the potatoes our of the water, stuff with warm butter and milk. Stir quickly. Add salt and pepper, and set aside.

Get a big skillet, a splash of olive oil in and heat to medium-high. Add the turkey in the skilled and add the nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Cook for about 10 minutes and put turkey to the side. Add carrots, celery, and onion. Cook for 6 min and add the garlic. Stir the flour into the cooked veggies. Ones the veggies are thick from the flour, add the broth slowly to make sure it stays combined.

Over in 400 f. Get a 8-9 in deep cooking dish and but the mixed warm from the pan. Put the mashed potatoes on the top. Broil until the potatoes have brown on the top.

Enjoy!!!!

Comments

  1. This sounds so awesome. I already make a version of this but I'll definitely try your tweaks. Also, I'm now officially following your blog so I can keep up to date because all these recipes look awesome!
    Hope all is well with you Alex :)
    Ashley Hopwood

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts