Roasted Orange Cinnamon Rolls

     Cooking while camping is always a fun experience for me. I have camped my entire life, even on me and my husbands honeymoon! Fire really enhances flavors while cooking and and the warmth from the campfire provides an experience for the camping group. 

  I did a recent trip to Sequoia and Kings Canyon with my husband and one of my brothers. We were able to go and see some amazing views of one of the oldest forests in California. Once our emotions and experiences dove through our system override, we craved refuel! One of our favorite desserts at Sequoia was cinnamon rolls! To cook them on fire I used orange cores and tinfoil- voi la! The orange really added citrus tones and the fire added the toasty taste! 

Roasted Orange Cinnamon Rolls








Ingredients:

3 large oranges, cut in half and hallowed
1 TJ's non cooked cinnamon rolls
1 cup vanilla frosting
Tinfoil 

1. Slice the oranges in half and remove the pulp 

2. Unroll the can of cinnamon rolls

3. Put one cinnamon roll into an empty orange, repeat for all 5 cinnamon rolls

4. Put a large sheet of tinfoil on top of the rack on top of the fire and then add the oranges. Cover the baking oranges with another sheet of tinfoil and tuck it on each side.

5. Bake for 15-20 mins, checking them every few minutes!

6. Remove the baked oranges and add vanilla frosting. Cool and enjoy!!

















Comments

Popular Posts