Lime Ice Cream

Ice cream is pure bliss for me, okay probably for everyone, but still.  Making ice cream at home makes it even better for two reasons. One, the gluttony of ice cream isn’t as glutton if you have to put all of the effort and time into it before you and your others can enjoy it. And two, you can empty your pantry if it is over full! Last week, I found a bag full of fresh limes on my front porch (thanks in-laws!) so I immediately started pondering of what to do with almost 30 citrus goodness! I looked into my pantry and refrigerator and noticed that I had a carton of heavy cream. Eureka- lime ice cream!

Ingredients:
1/2 cup lime juice
3 tbsp lime zest
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup whole milk

1. Using a medium bowl, blend the lime juice, zest, and sugar with a whisk or fork until the sugar dissolves.
2. Add the cream and milk and whisk.
3. If you have an ice cream churner, use it! Churn in away and then place the ingredients into a container and freeze it 2-4 hours, or until the consistency you prefer. If you don’t have an ice cream churner, add the ingredients into a container and freeze at least four hours.

Until next time,
Alex



Comments

Popular Posts