Crock Pot Lentil Currie

So on this day, I worked with my husband. I knew the day before that we would be gone all day long, so I "prepared" dinner for the next day. I am really trying to use the crock pot that I have had for 6 years, and I've used it only about 2 times. I purchased some lentils that were already cooked from Trader Joe's, so I decided that I would make a Crock Pot Lentil Currie.

Ingredients:
4 frozen chicken breasts
1 onion
1 can of diced tomatoes
4 cloves of garlic
olive oil
1/2 tbs garam massala 
1/2 tsp fresh ginger, the outside is peeled off, or 1/4 tsp of dry ginger 
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp coriander 
1/4 tsp currie 
4 cups of spinach
1 can of green beans
3 cups cooked lentils 
1/2 cup sliced green onions



To begin:
(I put my crock pot on low temperature, because I started this process around 8 o'clock at night and the meal was for the next evening. To begin the meal the day of I would put the crock pot on high.)


Add the frozen chicken into the bottom the the crock pot. Put a nice amount of EVOO onto the chicken. Pour the chopped tomatoes on top of the chicken. Dice the onion and the garlic. Put the onion, garlic, garam massala, ginger, cumin, coriander, currie, spinach, and green beans into the crock pot. The next morning I checked the chicken, and it was falling apart (in a good way). Leave the cooked lentils into the fridge, it is added in the end.

TADA!!!!!!! Thats all. Seriously. The next day, we got home at 7pm. I put the crock pot on high for 10 minutes and added the cooked (but cold) lentils into the crock pot and stirred. While I waited I toasted some tortillas. Once the crock pot was all the way warm I toped off the fresh cilantro. I lightly spread butter on the tortillas so that they would by dipped into the lentil currie.


The food was beyond delicious and I am very pleased with the crock pot. 

Until next time! Alex :)





Comments

Popular Posts